Pre-operative Instructions for Patients Undergoing IV Medications (General Anesthesia or IV Sedation)
- FASTING: You may not have anything to eat for six (6) hours prior to the appointment. You may drink water up to two (2) hours prior to your appointment.
- TRANSPORTATION: A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and be able to drive the patient home.
- RESTRICTIONS: The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- CLOTHES: Please wear loose-fitting clothing with sleeves that can be rolled up past the elbow and low-heeled shoes. Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- MEDICATIONS: Take pre-operative medications as directed (if applicable).